In this time of adaptation and innovation, Hapana is compelled to provide the best in club management solutions and client engagement tools to our fitness partners. Our goal is to help you stay connected to your clients and members with our web-based business solutions and mobile apps. These solutions will provide opportunities for revenue growth in and beyond the four walls of your facility.
Detailed below is an integrated solution with Zoom, an industry leader in Online Meeting hosting and live streaming.
This document will provide a step by step process to establish your Zoom Pro Account, link it to your Hapana software and instructions to in creating seamless Zoom meetings for your Virtual and Digital sessions.
**Special Note: please add and display a liability disclaimer at the beginning of each of your Zoom sessions as your club liability forms most likely do not cover injury when the client is working out at home under your guidance. Please consult your legal resources for proper verbiage and use.
Quick links that will also be provided in line below:
To use this integration with your Hapana business account, you will need:
- Have an active subscription on Zoom. This can be for hosting meetings, webinars or both,
- Have an active subscription with Hapana for your business,
- Have a facility owner or a facility admin accounts on Hapana, for your facility.
Instructions for use
Step 1 - Sign up for an account
If you are new to Zoom, complete steps 1-6.
Please take advantage of an opportunity to test the streaming service. Once the test has confirmed that live-streaming is a possibility for your facility, then proceed to steps 7 & 8. The Pro account is required to live stream classes.
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- Sign up for an account by entering your work email address and selecting a password
- Skip the screen that asks you to invite colleagues for now.
- You now have a free Basic account
- Go to “My Account”
- Go to the next page: Step 2: Test A Live Stream
- Select Plans and Pricing at the top of the screen https://zoom.us/pricing
- Select the Zoom plan that is the best fit for your business
Zoom has both desktop applications and mobile applications in addition to their web interface.
You can elect to download and login to either of the above apps or proceed to use Zoom in the browser interface.
Step 2 -Test a live stream
You will want to experiment with doing a live stream through your computer, phone, or laptop. Most laptops, tablets and phones have integrated cameras that are compatible with Zoom. External USB type cameras can be used for a better production quality if you so desire. Review the Zoom Support articles regarding Camera deployments: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200521865-Video.
If live streaming a class:
- Use a laptop or phone. You might consider buying a tripod to hold your phone.
- Set up the device by the speaker supplying your music.
- Some of you may need to boost your internet in your studio.
If live streaming from an instructor’s home:
- Use a laptop or a phone with a tripod.
- Corporate staff should help set up the device being used by the instructors in their home. Explore if the desktop app on the instructor’s laptop or mobile device app should be used instead of the web interface.
- It may be most effective to use wireless or Bluetooth headphones, such as air pods or other high-quality audio and sound devices as your microphone while instructing the class.
Starting the live stream for the test:
- Log in to your Zoom account on the browser, desktop app or phone app.
- Go to Host A Meeting (top of the screen) and select With Video On.
- Click on Open zoom.us.
- Select Join with computer or device audio.
- You should see yourself (assuming you have a camera on your computer/phone)
- If you’re on your computer there is a little “i” at the top left of the screen. Click on that. You want to find your Meeting ID.
- Copy that Meeting ID and send it to whoever is going to be your test client so they can see how the video and sound comes through.
On another phone (or computer), test the meeting as though you are the client viewing the session:
- Go to zoom.us (or launch Zoom app on your phone)
- Click on Join (top of the screen)
- Enter the Meeting ID
- You should be able to see the video
- Take the test device some distance from your broadcast device and see if the sound and audio go through well enough.
Once your test is complete, remember to go back to Steps 7 and 8 “Sign up for a Zoom Account” section above and purchase your $14.99/month Pro plan. Once you’ve completed your Account setup and subscription purchase you are ready to configure Zoom integration within Hapana.
Step 3 – Connecting Zoom to your Hapana business profile.
Once you have your
Click on the Integrations tab at the top right of the screen. Then find the Zoom item in the list, Click INSTALL:
You will be directed to a web page via a link to sign in and authorize your account for integration. (Weblink looks like https://zoom.us/oauth/signin?_rnd= ….)
Sign in to Zoom:
Authorize Hapana to access your Zoom by clicking the AUTHORIZE button.
Upon Authorization we will save a special AUTH code and URL to your account.
Upon verification that you are connected we will change the INSTALL button to the label View Details.
Click the Connected Button and select the User from the drop down and click SAVE.
This will enable all Zoom specific features within your Hapana business location.
How to uninstall or deauthorize the Zoom integration.
To uninstall the Hapana integration for Zoom:
- Visit to https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/dashboard/installed-apps
- Log-in with your user account
- Click on “Manage”
- Use the Left panel to navigate to “Installed Apps”
- Find Hapana on the list and click “Uninstall”
Step 4 – Creating a Zoom meeting for your Virtual/ Digital Sessions
Now that Zoom has been connected to your Hapana database the following steps will allow you to create Zoom meetings for your Digital Streaming Sessions.
We have added an option for Administration Users at your location to indicate and enable Zoom streaming on the Class listing screen in the Schedule module.
Configure your “Streaming” Sessions as you would normally Schedule classes prior to the next steps. It should be noted that any edits of these sessions will disconnect the Zoom meeting and will require Administrators to reconnect/ enabling of Zoom for that session again.
Once all classes and sessions are ready, Administrator Users should navigate to Schedule module and click the cog wheel and select List View:
User will see on the List View a new option to mark sessions as “Zoom Enabled”:
Check the box next to Zoom Enabled and select one of the following two options when prompted:
The NEW Zoom MEETING option will allow Zoom to create a new meeting within Zoom that is unique and private to your clients.
The Existing Zoom Join URL is to be selected ONLY if you have created the meetings within Zoom itself prior creating the Sessions and Classes in OFS. Users at the Corporate level may choose to do this if streaming classes are produced and controlled above the individual locations.
If your session is Edited, Deleted, Cancelled the Zoom enabled session will become disabled and the meeting in Zoom will be removed. In the event of sessions being edited, an authorized user must return to ensure the session is Zoom enabled again if that is what was intended.
Step 5 – How your instructors will start a Live streaming Session
Your instructors will be able to Launch Zoom on their laptop, tablet or phone within OFS. Just have them log in, navigate to their sessions in Schedule> List View or Trainer View. A new button will be presented on Zoom Enabled sessions:
Please have your instructor and team members watch this short Zoom tutorial on Host meeting controls: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362603-What-Are-the-Host-Controls-
Here are some of the Meeting Control Basics:
- Start Video/Stop Video
- Share Screen
For your sessions, instructors need to be unmuted, with video on. Also be sure to test the audio to make sure your attendees will be able to hear you. Here is a support article on how you can share your computer’s sound during live stream. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-Computer-Sound-During-Screen-Sharing
Special note regarding hacking or unwanted screen sharing:
Instead of letting anyone share your screen and engage in “zoombombing” – that’s when uninvited attendees break into and disrupt your meeting – the host has the option of adjusting the settings. They’re hidden, so take note. On the general Zoom settings app window, there is an option for screen sharing. Click it and select Advanced settings. There you instruct Zoom to only let the Host share the screen. And now your major privacy issue has been solved.
Step 6 – How your clients will launch Zoom from the app
Your client simply need to log into your facility app, navigate to the My Bookings section and select the upcoming Session on their schedule. here they will be able to see a Join Live button made available up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.
If the Zoom app is on their device, it will launch the meeting interface via the app. If not, then expect the browser to open a tab and prompt your clients to download install the Zoom App from their App store.
Once the app is installed on your client's mobile device, the meeting ID information will automatically fill the Meeting ID field and launch your session.
Clients can access your streaming session via the web interface as well.
Ask your client to login in to hapana.com, navigate to the Session listing tab:
If you’re trying to install the Zoom in Hapana but getting an error you should try to follow the installation instructions again, from the beginning.
Make sure you are logged on both sites – core.hapana.com and zoom.us
If after retrying, it still doesn’t work for you, please contact our Technical Support team for assistance.
If you have scheduled a class on Hapana but don’t see it scheduled on Zoom, make sure that:
- The Zoom Enabled checkbox is checked on the Session list page.
- You have an active subscription on Zoom for the meetings that you created,
- You are logged in to your location;s Zoom account are looking at the right list of events.
The Hapana support team is available Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm AEST
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org